martes, 7 de julio de 2020

Pandemic times and quarantine

Hi everybody today I'm going to write about a topic related to quarantine and the pandemic situation because it's something that we can't ignore, since it significantly affects our daily life. In my case, I am with my family in my hometown "Los Andes", my mother is a teacher, so she has been working from home, my sister also works from home and my father is a public employee, so he must go to his office three days a week. I think we are a family that doesn't have big problems with being together all day, of course, sometimes we are stressed and we don't want to talk to others and have our space, but I think that it's understandable in a situation like this.

For me at least I don't have difficulties with stay in my house because I'm not a person that usually go out a lot but that doesn't mean that being at home always pleases me so much, that's why in this time I have started to carry out different activities. First of all, I started practicing yoga with my mother, something I thought I would never do because it didn't seem interesting to me, but now it's something that helps me a lot when I have back pain or want to relax. Another thing I usually do these days is dance and exercise, which is something I should have done more last year, since I had knee surgery a while ago and the doctor told me I had to exercise so that my muscle would regenerate, so now I'm taking advantage of my free time to do it. I also sometimes make cakes, cupcakes, lemon tart, cookies and that kind of things, because I love to eat sweet things and at the same time it has always served to de-stress me.


In the case of my studies, I don't know very well if it will be a problem or not, I think it will be more difficult, because the context is not the best and for me it's difficult to concentrate when the whole family is at home or to read when there is noise, in addition there is the issue of being in front of the computer for too long, because it is quite tiring, but I have a good internet connection and also a place to study, so I don't see it as something impossible in my case, but it would be definitely more complicated and difficult that the last year.



If I'm pretty honest I'm not very optimistic about the pandemic, I really want to see my family and friends but I feel that  somehow there is still a long way to go before this can end and we can leave our homes without fear of the virus, It's shocking how our routine has changed so much in a few months, from leaving our homes normally to do all kinds of activities to being mostly locked up. Also I don't know if this could be something that makes us improve as a society or that makes us better people, more empathetic or generous, but I think it will make us be more attentive to hygiene measures and will also make us value more the fact of having close to the people we love.



5 comentarios:

  1. Hi! I was thinking about starting to practice yoga hehe

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I try to clear myself cooking is the best!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Physical activity is a good way to de-stress and clear our minds!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I like cooking too, but I still need to learn how to make sweet things.

    ResponderEliminar

  5. the same happens to me !! It is really difficult to focus on studying with a virus that can affect someone close :( Also studying from home is difficult with so many distractions around you

    ResponderEliminar